threejs
threejs
threejs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebGL and Three JS dedicated forum. Here we can discuss about Three JS 3D library.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Foolish question about light

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WebForce

WebForce

Foolish question about light Empty
PostSubject: Foolish question about light   Foolish question about light Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 10:08 am

I know this is a very foolish question, but I see few examples in three.js where they created sunlight using a directlight so, when do you think should I use directlight, or spotlight or pointlight?

Thank you so much in advance for any answer!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Foolish question about light   Foolish question about light Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 10:37 am

WebForce wrote:
I know this is a very foolish question, but I see few examples in three.js where they created sunlight using a directlight so, when do you think should I use directlight, or spotlight or pointlight?

There are no foolish questions Webforce. This is basically what i do:

- Directight: produces a "directional" lightbox with same intensity from the beginning to the end
- Spotlight: simply imagine a torch or a concert spotlight. It's nice and able to blend lightspot from origin to the end of a specified range.
- Pointlight: just like a bulb.
Back to top Go down
https://threejs.forumotion.com
SamCorny

SamCorny

PostSubject: Re: Foolish question about light   Foolish question about light Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 11:48 am

WebForce wrote:

Hi WebForce, you've seen DirectionalLight in the making sunlight because this is the best light that is going to distribute his power everywhere in the scene.
If you have to create interior environment it's better to use other type of light.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foolish question about light   Foolish question about light Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foolish question about light
Page 1 of 1